Living With Celiac Disease

​​My Story

I was recently diagnosed with Celiac Disease which was pretty shocking for me considering I ate healthy worked out, I do not drink or smoke I was healthy. I believed I did all the right things to live a disease-free lifestyle I was uneducated about celiac disease and for that matter did not know or even knew or cared about  what gluten was I had never even heard of it until it became a fad. 

I knew it was something that everyone who was dieting stayed away from, I never engaged in the “no gluten craze “ I ate wheat crackers one a daily basis as well as my “whole wheat bread’ as we were warned by the media and medical associations  to believe that "white flour” was bad for our health.
I still enjoyed my pastas/pizza as well I believed in the 80/20 rule, eat healthy 80% of the time the other 20% eat whatever you want, heck you already ate healthy all day what would one more slice of pizza do to you? What rock was I living under?

About 4 years ago I started having symptoms of bloating after eating breads, pasta, pastries, crackers etc.  I would joke with my family and friends that I was pregnant, I would swell up so much I looked like I was 8 months pregnant. After about a year was when I really starting to have concerns I was no longer just swelling after eating I was experiencing sever abdominal pain as well not to mention the amounts of time I was spending in the restroom.  After 6 more months, I noticed after consuming breads and pastas  I would get severe chest pain along with the abdominal pain plus swelling and of course you know what comes with that if you are living with celiac, again more restroom time. 

 It took me about 2 years after several doctors, different medical tests and many different diagnoses (IBS, food intolerances, wheat sensitivities, food allergies, lactose intolerant) to finally get the proper diagnoses. I was happy to finally have an answer. You have celiac disease "Finally" I wasn't crazy thank god, I thought I believe if we have something such as a label in this case a diagnosis to hold on to, then we can move forward in dealing with it whatever it is. 

Unfortunately, illness is not always that simple, some people go their whole lives being misdiagnosed or never knowing what is wrong with them because they got discouraged during their journey and gave up and now just lived day to day in pain and desperation

How we can Help 

I created this page to share my story and to help others on their journey while living a celiac lifestyle. If you are feeling desperate don't give up hope, I would love to help you and be part of your wellness journey!

Let us help you find your food sensitivities, allergy sensitivities or any other imbalances in your body that could be triggering unwanted symptoms such as inflammation, bloating, skin issues, headaches, stomach issues and more.

We provide a personalized assessment for your nutritional, health and wellness and help point youin the right direction of which foods/products to avoid.

Celiac Disease 

An estimated 1 in 133 Americans has celiac disease, according to Beyond Celiac, formerly the National Foundation for Celiac Awareness. The group also estimates that 83 percent of people who have celiac disease don’t know they have it, or have been misdiagnosed with a different condition.

Celiac disease is a serious sensitivity to gluten, which is a protein found in wheat, rye, and barley. Eat gluten, and your immune system goes on the attack: It damages your villi, the finger-like protrusions in your small intestines that help you absorb nutrients from the foods you eat.

Visit our online store